Saturday, March 23, 2013

It's Been Forever!

    Well yes it has been forever since I have posted.... almost two years!! Today Hannah once again reminded me that I still had a blog! In April Mike and I will be moving to New Jersey!! So hopefully this summer I will be able to be a faithful blogger once again.
    It is hard to sum up the last two years, Mike and I have been through SO much! We've had good times and bad, we've made new friends and lost loved ones, we've seen new places and have visited some favorite locations, we've developed new hobbies and have worked on perfecting the old ones.  We are both still in school, but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel! We are planning on being done winter or spring of 2014.
  Mike is in the bishopric of a singles ward on campus, and we LOVE it! The students are so great and fun, and we are glad to call many of them our friends.  This last semester Mike has been running a restaurant on campus with a group of students for their class project (it's called IBC integrated business core).  The restaurant has been doing great! It is like a better version of Chick-fil-a or KFC, it is called Chicken It Out.  It has been giving Mike some great working experience.  He has also been working in the Housing office as the Chair of the Apartment Life Counsel which oversees all on campus and remote housing.  Needless to say he is one busy guy!! And to top it all off he has had shingles since Monday! NOT FUN!
   I have been working at a sandwich shop, Millhollow, here in Rexburg for over a year now, and is looking forward to my last week of work next week!  Aside from packing up the house recently I have been developing many new talents!  I have been expanding my photography business and now have an Etsy Shop! I have learned to love refinishing furniture. I have actually done some cool stuff and made lots of pretty pennies :) Ever since my beloved Grandmother passed away in October, I have thrown myself back into my art.  I am hoping to continue studying art and developing a talent for it like my Grandmother.
  So here's to the past two years and many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment